The purpose of this post is to provide a step by step instruction on how to silently install the IBM Installation Manager version 1.7, IBM Rational Integration Tester version 8.5, IBM Rational Test Control Panel version 8.5 and IBM Rational Test Platform Pack version 8.5 on the UNIX® platform.
The most easiest way to install the Rational Test Workbench 8.5 is via the Installation Manager Wizard. The Installation Manager (IM) Setup wizard is a GUI installer that provides an easy-to-use interface for installing IBM Rational products and for performing initial setup and configuration tasks. The IM Setup wizard on LINUX® and UNIX® requires an X server to display the GUI. However, in the LINUX® and UNIX® operating systems where security is one of the main concerns, the IM wizard GUI installer might not be available. One of the options to get around this problem is to install and configure IM and Rational Test Workbench version 8.5 via command line or a silent install.
Part I: Install Rational Installation Manager in a silent mode
1. Download Installation 1.7 files from http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24034941
2. Click FC to download the installation package
3. Create a directory to store the Installation file
4. Extract the installation files to the directory that you just created
5. Open a command line and go to the directory
./installc -log /opt/IMInstalllog.txt -acceptLicense
[ppetpray@localhost IM]# ./installc -log /opt/IMInstalllog.txt -acceptLicense
Installed com.ibm.cic.agent_1.70.20130828_2012 to the /opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse directory
6. Confirm that the installation was run successfully. A successful installation log file should contained the following content
[ppetpray@localhost IM]# cat /opt/IMInstalllog.txt
<?xml version=”1.0” encoding=”UTF-8”?>